My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Friday, February 10, 2017

Worth a shot!

Gonna sound like a total hippie freak (that I am deep down), but bear with me for a minute... I think with everything that's going on right now- personally, nationally, globally, one of the most helpful things we can do starts in the quiet of our own space.

Instead of focusing on past conversations, how someone hurt us, all the crazy shit happening in the world, anticipating the next strife, what we or someone else could've/should've/would've said or done (because our minds naturally go there- we're human), let's try this instead:

With genuine intent, pray (or just wish if you don't pray) that everybody's hearts are filled with so much love that it doesn't leave any room for hate and anger. That everyone has patience, tolerance and empathy for each other and their unique selves and situations. That everyone's first response is borne of love and forethought and not a knee-jerk reaction. For themselves as well as others... That we always strive to do what is right and have common sense, and stay focused on the good. Peace and love in our hearts...

When I practice this, I instantly relax and become more calm. I would think it could result in better health- physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually doing this on a regular basis. 

I'm posting this also as a reminder to myself to practice this regularly and refer back to it when I forget.

Let's all have a great day and a better tomorrow! 💗

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!
Toni

Andrea Renee said...

Thanks, Toni!! =)