My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

...and that's all I'll say about that.

I've taken away something very positive from any negative experiences I've had with relationships (of any kind) the last six or so years:

I will not beat myself up anymore for being "stupid" or "naive." I give people the benefit of the doubt to a fault. I do my best to communicate well and honestly. I know how to love. I mean, I'm doing my part. And I don't ever want to stop because I happen to think those are good qualities in a person.

I've come to the conclusion that no matter how many times I might end up disappointed, I'm still gonna be the person I want someone to be for me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good words to live by!

mel said...

Hi dear, I just caught up on your blog as it popped up in my reader at just the right time that I happened to log in to blogger! I'm hoping this doesn't mean that your "in love" is over? You definitely are a wonderful woman and will make the right guy incredibly happy. So cliche, but so true. Matt had a good thing going <3 If this one wasn't him, I wish I could find him for you. I know it's too too tiring. xoxo

Andrea Renee said...

Thank you, Mel <3 xoxo

S. Anne Wright said...

Dating is hard but worth it in the long run if you find a good one!

Hang in there. :)

Andrea Renee said...

You are so right, S. Anne! =)