My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Better and better each day...

I feel like I've finally crawled out of that hole I was in, and boy do I feel a million times better! I have a sense of renewal and hope - what a difference. Such a difference in the kids, too - kinda makes my heart ache that they're so directly affected by my moods.

My sister reminded me to be kind to myself- it's the self talk that can really mess us up, and I hadn't been very kind to myself lately. So now that I'm seeing the light of day again, I'll try not to beat myself up for the fact that I probably put my kids through hell while I was going through mine.

Because I'm also feeling better physically (to which I really give Tae Kwon Do credit for this), it's making such a difference mentally. It's so freaking fun, and I'm finding it's not so hard to put my socks on in the morning! It's the little things... =)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful for all of you!!!

Andrea Renee said...

Thank you!! ❤️

glenda said...

Best always! I get it... when I'm in a funk everyone pays for my moods.

Andrea Renee said...

Glenda- it's good to "see" you again and that you're still reading! And I hear ya about the moods... <3