My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Death Sucks.

This one is really jacked up. Not only does this day fall on the same day of the week as it did when it happened (thus producing some vivid flashbacks and triggering major PTSD), but because it is now six years, this means I've been widowed as long as I was married.

Fuck you, Death.

4 comments:

Alicia said...

I haven't blogged in nearly two years, but something brought me back today, and your blog is at the top of my blog roll.

I just have to say, "I'm sorry." This passage of time that takes us farther and farther away from the life we knew and loved seems so wrong, so unfair.

It was 10 years for me in August; I've reached so many "milestones" on this WidowRoad, but this is one that you are reaching before I do. I still have two more years before widowhood overtakes married life ... actually, 1 year, 7 months, and 26 days.

It's so wrong. And I'm so sorry.

linda said...

I am so sorry...
My heart breaks for you and your children. So tragic and horribly unfair. I will keep you close to my thoughts and in my prayers. Praying for Matt as well...

Andrea Renee said...

Thank you so much, ladies...

Alicia, I'm SO sorry you're on this journey, too.

Linda, we all really appreciate your prayers - thank you. =)

I was doing rather well up until last night, and then it all hit me pretty hard. I'm so glad I have this blog to vent and speak my heart. Best therapy ever.

Anonymous said...

:(