My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

So embarrassing....

The kids and I were at Target (sooo happy to live close to a Target again! And WEGMANS!! Oh how I've missed Wegmans!!! sorry - off on a tangent) and were in the medicine isle near the pharmacy. I ended up running into a former co-worker of mine and hadn't seen him in probably a few years.

He and his wife were together for as long as I can remember - they were a few years younger than Matt and I, and adorable together. Both really good-looking people, too. Well, he told me they had just recently divorced, which was a shock! I'm so sad to hear that - it seems like people left and right are splitting up lately.

Well, here's the funny part...



So here's this good-looking, recently divorced man talking to me and Sydney grabs Gas-X off the shelf and loudly announces, "HERE, MOMMY!! THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED!!!!"

Good lord.

She repeats it louder and is laughing hysterically. My sweet, little five year old. I don't know how she even knows about Gas-X or what it's for, or how she manages to come up with this stuff - all I could think is maybe Matt is channeling through her? Either way, it was pretty freaking funny.

And if I was remotely romantically interested in this man, I would have been utterly mortified, so fortunately, I was only embarrassed. =P


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Out of the mouth of babes! :)