My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Girls' weekend!!

On a much happier note, I had a glorious weekend with my besties from high school last weekend! Karin, Connie and I all met in Kissimmee, FL where our other high school best friend Jennifer lives with her beautiful family.

It could NOT have come at a better time. It's the first time we've done this in over 20 years (God - when I think about the rediculous amount of time that has passed, we can't let that happen again).

We went without the kids which was weird and liberating at the same time. My awesome neighbor/friends took good care of my kiddos for the three days I was gone. So very grateful to have these people in our lives - I know the kids were happy and in good hands. We're really going to miss them when we move back to Buffalo (again). That's a topic for another whole post that I may not even end up posting about. Some things don't need explanation...

We stayed at Jenny's house and it was like a slumber party when we were teens, but even better. We went dancing the first night and while I didn't think I had it in me to stay up past 10pm, we didn't get home till 3am!! We had such a blast. Then the next day we went to Universal Studios and got to see an awesome Harry Potter set up (Jacob would have been so jealous so I haven't told him about it- I feel kind of guilty that he wasn't there for it) and I got my picture taken with the Grinch (yeah - some guilt again that neither of my kids were there for that, either). I had a turkey leg (those are AMAZING) and all kinds of other treats. I think that's the BEST part of going to theme parks - the FOOD! I'll have to post some pics once I get them uploaded - it was so much fun!!

I am so incredibly blessed with the most amazing friends anyone could ever wish for. For all that has gone wrong in my life, my friends are SO right. I couldn't be more grateful. =)

No comments: