My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Sunday, January 27, 2013

50 Months.

Strange little side note...

When I was on the plane heading to Florida, the flight attendant made an announcement over the loudpseaker that one of the couples on board was celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary. My first thought after hearing that was, "This is my 50 month anniversary as a widow."

Now, I haven't been counting. Honestly. Not in terms of months, anyway. But after that thought entered my mind, I counted just how many months it's been, and lo and behold, it IS 50.

I guess there is a part of me that still gets twinges of jealousy at those couples who've been able to be together for so long.

5 comments:

linda said...

i completely get the jealousy...can't blame you and i think i would feel the same. i just wish there was some way to make it all go away for you...some way to have matt back and have it all just have not happened. i am so sorry that you have to endure this pain...

Dana said...

Yep, still get the pang of jealousy when I see older couples. SO excited to see you posting again! I have missed you and hearing about the kids. Andrea, you are an amazing lady, with a great smile, I knew that 4 years ago when I met you. I am just glad that you are doing what you need to do when you feel you need to do it, "mistakes" and all (although I don't think we make mistakes), it's this thing called life that some of us got some shitty cards, we're just learning how to play them. Wishing you so much goodness this year! XOXO

Andrea Renee said...

Thank you, Linda. Wouldn't that be awesome?

Dana, so good to "see" you!! And so sweet you're still checking on me! You are right - I've come to the conclusion that the "mistakes" I've made were kind of necessary. Although I really didn't think I needed quite the hard lessons at this point in my life, I guess I did. I've learned a LOT, and it's snapped me back to myself, if that makes any sense. I'm finding a little of my "before" person again.

How are YOU? I miss you!! XOXO

Dana said...

Andrea, I am good. I too am finding a little of the "before" girl. Although to be honest, I'm not really sure who that was. So this "before or after' girl who's coming out, I really like her!! :)
I just read that you have one more move! It kind of made me laugh out loud. Back to Buffalo I am guessing? If you are doing it, then it is a good thing. I hope I get to see you at Camp this summer.

Much love and good energies for you and your move and getting settled.

Cheers! XOXOXO

Candice said...

It drives me nuts every time I hear and realize that people -- friends, Charley's sister -- who got married the same years as we did have now been married 9, 10 years. It's such a kick in the gut to realize that, had Charley not died, we would have been the same. And instead I get the milestones of being widowed for nearly 8 (gulp!) years. It doesn't trigger me at the time I hear it, but boy, does it get to me in quieter moments as I think about it...like now.

I won't even count how many months I've been widowed. I think it would depress me! {Okay, I'm a masochistic sort. I just did the math -- it'll be 91 months on Tuesday. Ouch.]

Love you!