My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Friday, November 30, 2012

Makes sense!

I've been out of sorts lately, and not exactly sure why. Just feeling very low energy (I could sleep forever), unmotivated, unhealthy, and I'm starting to hate myself because of it. I decided it's time to kick myself in the ass.

I'm going to start working out. I'm joining a gym, and hopefully between getting my endorphins flowing, blood pumping and muscles strengthened, I'll start feeling better about myself.

It's actually kind of funny - when I was thinking about it earlier, I was thinking of how I would explain a return to working out, and what I came up with was:

"I haven't worked out regularly since before I got pregnant with my son - about nine years ago now. Had two miscarriages in between my son and daughter, and after I had my daughter, my husband died. Then I moved three times - twice across the country - and here I am. I'm battered and worn, and feel way beyond my years."

And then I wonder why I've been feeling like shit!  Hahaha!!!

Wish me luck...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say thanks for letting us back in to your life. We've missed your updates!

Lisa said...

Oh, good luck! I really need to get back to exercising soon. I haaaate exercise (even though I like 'accidental exercise,' like long walks, hiking, bike rides) but know it would improve my mood. I swore I'd never be 'that person,' but I have an elliptical gathering dust. Go work your butt off and guilt me into doing the same! ;)

Andrea Renee said...

Awww, thanks for continuing to read and care!! XOXO

Lisa, I hate exercise too, and like you, like "accidental exercise" and how good I feel afterward. That's what I'm looking for - that feel good feeling you get when you're done. If I can do it, so can you!!