My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Almost lost my blog...

Jacob must have tried signing into my Google account using his birthdate, and Google disabled the account saying I wasn't old enough to have one and required me to prove my age. They also said they would delete the account in 30 days if I didn't offer proof.

After a panicky day and a half and lots of different attempts at recovery, it finally worked! PHEW!!

Poor Jacob, though. I asked him if he tried signing into the Google account, and it was written all over his face. I was upset and he felt awful (ran upstairs crying), and I tried keeping myself in check (that damn perspective, you know) and let him know that even though I'm upset, he is still more important to me than my blog. He was relieved when I got it back, too!

Speaking of accounts, does anyone know how my blog ended up on a different URL? Apparently it's worth a lot of money, too... Any ideas on how to remedy this? It makes me uncomfortable... Here's the link for it:

http://www.statscrop.com/www/andreareneeremembers.blogspot.nl


2 comments:

Michelle said...

That's just a website analyzer and does not mean anything. You can type any website address into that and it will "analyze" it based on site traffic - which is pubic because it is blogspot. Unfortunately, your website isn't really worth that much money. : (

But don't worry, it's nothing illegal or anyone trying to steal your blog.

Andrea Renee said...

That's a relief! Not worried about the monetary value... I'm just so relieved it wasn't deleted!