My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

I owe everyone an apology and a thank you. First, although I announced I was back (and I truly thought I was at the time), stuff came up and side tracked me (I'll elaborate on some of the "stuff" in a later post). Second, I have gotten numerous emails requesting to follow my new blog on Andrea Revitalized, which I have yet to post one, single post on. I don't know if I even will. This kind of is "home" to me, and I don't know if I even have a desire to write there.

The emails I have gotten really, truly touched me. It means so much to me that so many wonderful people have such an interest and genuine concern with what's happening with the kids and I, and that I've reached so many with just what I've written here. It was so nice to get a little peek into the lives of the people that have been reading about us. I haven't had a chance to reply to one email yet in all this time, but that doesn't mean I haven't thought about each and every one I've received. I just haven't been good at returning emails, phone calls, etc. with all that's been going on the past - well, year. At least.

We've moved again (in June), and the kids and I are happy where we are. I think we have finally found "home." We have been busy getting settled, starting yet another new school and finding another "normal" for us. This is the last move until the kids go off to college or they move out for some other reason. We are all happy here and once again, we have been blessed with wonderful neighbors. I'm even finally getting settled enough that I just bought a calendar and for the first time in nearly 4 years, I'm updating it with birthdays, anniversaries, and all other important dates I want and need to remember. I even sent my sister's birthday card out BEFORE her birthday. I don't think I've sent anything out on time before either the due date (like bills, for example) or the actual date of someone's birthday. Terrible, I know. But this just goes to show I'm finally getting my act together!

As a more recent update, we faired extremely well with Hurricane Sandy and somehow managed to not even lose power. All is well here, and I feel very blessed for our good fortune!

I'm sorry this is brief, but I wanted to at least let everyone know we're still alive and kicking, and doing well!

8 comments:

Jackie said...

Thank goodness! I had been so worried about you and the kids. I sent you a text but I don't know if you got it. I had checked FB only to find you had deactivated your account....which made me feel like a terrible friend for not noticing before now. :( I'm sorry, love. I miss you and am so glad you guys are well. I love you, Andrea. xoxox

Andrea Renee said...

Hi Jackie! I got your text when I woke up this morning - I'm sorry I made you worry!! Love and miss you, too, my sweet friend. XOXO

Jill said...

So glad to see you post again. Strange how we get to know blogs that we read and the owners don't really know we're out here. Well we are :)

Cape Cod Kitty said...

I'm here, too, so happy to hear your are settled. You are an inspiration. Glad the storm spared you. Surprisingly, we came through fairly well on Cape Cod, too. The damage in other areas is so devastating.

Andrea Renee said...

Jill, so happy you're still out there and reading! =)

Cape Cod Kitty, relieved that the storm went easy on you guys, too. My heart goes out to everyone who didn't fair as well.

Jo said...

Andrea, I'm glad to see you are back and seemingly happy! I have missed you! Please let me know if you are ever in Prescott area again as I would love to meet up! Chelsea and I are meeting up in Vegas in February, write me if you are interested (Jackie, Candice can't go). Do you have my email?

Jo said...

Andrea, I'm so glad to see you back and are seemingly happy! I have missed you here and on FB. Please let me know if you are ever in the Prescott area as I would love to meet up! Chelsea and I are meeting in Vegas in February, please join if you are interested! (Jackie, Candice are unable to go). Do you have my email?

Andrea Renee said...

Jo! I don't have your email, but I'd love to get it. That way I have a way to contact you when I'm in Prescott again. I'd love to get together! XOXO