My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Monday, August 6, 2012

A fresh view.

Thank you so much for welcoming me back with so much love!

This blog has been such an incredible source of therapy for me through my journey of Matt's loss, even though it wasn't created for that purpose. In my efforts to finally truly get the fresh start that I've been working for the last three and a half years, that must also include a fresh start with a new blog.

Andrea Remembers is public, and will continue to remain public since I've had many people express to me how much it has helped them to read my entries. So many can identify with what I've written, and it brings comfort that I don't want to take away. To think I've helped even just one person simply with the words I've written makes me happy.

Although I generally don't go back and read my entries, I'm in a different place in my life now - in so many ways, and I'm very grateful. A new blog needs to have a whole new look so that when I go to my computer to write, I have a fresh view, and not the one I saw whenever I would write while in the depths of despair.

Also, I can't seem to write when I feel I need to censor my thoughts. I've felt the need to censor since there are more than just people reading this for emotional validation or to see how the kids and I are doing.

Each and every comment I've received from my readers has been appreciated more than you can know, even if I don't post a response (I always have intentions to do so, but I get distracted so easily!).

My new blog will be private, and I have to be selective with who I choose to view it. I hope no one takes offense to that, but that is what I need to continue writing. For now, anyway. Who knows what the future has in store - like, perhaps a book.... or two. I have SO much to say about a whole lotta things!! 

In the meantime, I have a few more posts under my sleeve for this place.  Thank you so much for reading!!

Love,
Andrea



5 comments:

megan said...

I keep going back and forth with that too - the private/public thing. My blog is currently being read by my publishing company people, and it definitely changes it for me. Mostly, I can't write about how challenging it is working with a publishing company, and can't write about the process of it at all - my choice, but still.

Sorry to not see you at CW this year. I feel like we got cut short last year. Phht.

Andrea Renee said...

Megan, I'll be at camp this year! =D

Cammie said...

XOXO

Crash Course Widow said...

Can you let me in on the private one, Sunshine? Pretty please with booze on top?? ;o) (Although you'll have to wait til next time I see you to cash in on the booze. ;o))

Wish I could be seeing you, hanging out, visiting, catching up, and partying with you this weekend, but alas, it wasn't the year for me to afford it.

Love and miss you always!!

xoxo,
Candice

megan said...

yes, but I won't... phht.