My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Jacob's Father's Day gift...

As I was cleaning the kitchen table from the kids' craft projects, I found a pink paper heart with Jacob's handwriting that said (with exact spelling),

"From: Jacob, Sydney and Andrea
To: dad.
We miss you and love you so so so much and wean we die we hope we will see you. The hole family misses you. So do I, Sydney and Andrea. happy fathers day.
Love: Jacob"

(with three frowning stick figures holding hands at the bottom)

He told me he wants to send it up to heaven with a balloon on Father's Day.

3 comments:

Boo said...

oh Andrea. Bless him. I'm guessing you had to run somewhere to cry? I would have <3 "Out of the mouths of babes" xxxx

Chelsea said...

Oh my goodness . . . =(

I always find those types of things such a double-edged sword (like so many things on this journey). It's sad of course, but also good to know that they can express themselves that way.

Love you,
~C~

Laura Ann said...

I have followed your blog forever, but never commented.

Bless his sweet little heart, but Thank God he felt safe to write those words and express his feelings. Man, I love the innocence of his words.

Praying for you on this journey.