My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Things my kids say...

Newest to oldest............
_____

Jacob: "Momma, I hope you're still alive when I'm a grown up."

Me: "I'm gonna do my very best, sweetie."
_____

Jacob: "Mommy, when I grow up and build my house and have all my furniture in it and babies, I wanna go here (pointing to Mekong River, Thailand on the map in his Animal Planet magazine) and see the giant stingrays."
_____
Sydney
: "Jacob claused it."

Me: "You mean 'paused'?"

Sydney: "No - it's not 'paused,' it's 'CLAUSED!'" (When talking about the movie that Jacob PAUSED to go potty.)
_____

Sydney: "I had my tonsils out, and I can't breathe through my nose STILL!" (She's got a runny nose that she refuses to blow.)
_____

Sydney: "I wish I could have my daddy back." Her wish when blowing on a dandelion.
_____

Sydney: Helicopter is "Helidoctor"
_____

Sydney to Jacob: "You need dad and I need mom."
_____

When I was giving Sydney her bath today, I noticed she's got dark hairs growing out of the birthmark on the back of her leg... She asked me what I was looking at and I told her, and she grabbed her leg to look and said, "What da HECK?"
_____

Jacob: "I don't want you to die." "Mommy, as soon as you die is as soon as I wanna die."

Me: "We're all going to die someday - some just die sooner than others. If I die before you, I would want you to live. You have a lot of important things you need to do in your life. I think I'll be alive for a long time, though, so you don't need to worry, sweetie!" Such a heavy thing for a six year old to ponder.
_____

Sydney: "When can we have a baby?"

Me: =0 (she's asked this several times - I keep telling her not to hold her breath. She wants a little sister in a bad way.)
_____

Jacob: "I love you more than trains..."
_____

Jacob: "Momma, I have a question for you." - this is his opening line every time he asks me something.
_____

Jacob to Sydney: "I miss you when we're not together."
_____

Sydney: "Mommy, zero is not good."Me: "Why?"Sydney: "Because it's not a winning number."
_____

Jacob to Sydney: "Sydney, you know how to say 'What the heck' in Spanish? 'What the heckA'!"
_____

Jacob: "Hey Mom! When I wake up in the morning, you know what's gonna be on my face?" Me: "What?" Jacob: "A smile."
- This is what he said after I tucked him in the night I set up the plywood on his train table so his Hogwarts Express train could fit on it...
_____

"Santa's not a baby, he's a big boy!" - What Sydney said after hearing the Santa Baby song...

_____

Sydney calls Marmaduke "Marmadude"

_____

Sydney's taking a bath w/a barbie. She's pretending the doll is a mermaid with a tail and "ribbons." She proceeds to go into a long schpeel, including telling me the doll has ribbons like I do, and that I can ask Santa for more ribbons. I'm stumped because the doll is naked. "Sydney, where are her ribbons?" Sydney proceeds to point to the doll's boobies.

_____

Gotta remember this stuff............

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

stumbled to your site off Matt Logelin... just had to say that I LOVED this post! Brought a tear to my eye from sadness and from laughing! Kids are wonderful and you seem to be doing a magnificent job with yours! Blessings!

Feint said...

Love, love loved this post!

Undivine Intervention said...

Ha ha! My baby sister is the same age as your Sydney and she says the cutest things too!

I think you're doing a great thing, starting that foundation.

May good vibrations find you and may love keep you.

Andrea Renee said...

Oh I didn't start the foundation, Michele Neff Hernandez did! She gets all the credit. I'm just helping her now... =)