My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Monday, February 28, 2011

One more time...

Remember when you wondered what you could do to help after Matt died? Here's a perfect opportunity to do something else for me that doesn't cost a thing and will only take five minutes.

Michele Neff Hernandez and I have been working our tails off to get the word out about the Soaring Spirits Loss Foundation so that it's less likely that someone going through the devastating loss of losing their spouse will feel alone in their journey. One of the things we're doing is calling every Hospice office in the country - yes - every single one (956 to be exact) - to verify names and addresses so we can send them brochures about SSLF and Camp Widow. The mailing alone is going to be expensive. Our long term goal is to be able to sponsor anyone who needs to go to Camp Widow who can't afford it. That's way trickier, but either way, there is a LOT we can do with the $5,000 grant we're hoping to win from Great*Nonprofits.

Please help Soaring Spirits win this grant by taking five minutes to write a brief review (
http://www.greatnonprofits.org/reviews/profile2/soaring-spirits-loss-foundation-inc) about how you have witnessed how much the organization has helped me (and still is) since Matt's death, and how they've helped anyone else you know, or how they may have helped you.

Today is the actual deadline, so please don't hesitate. Thank you so much for doing this, and for all the support you give and have given (seen/unseen, heard/unheard). Every bit of it helps! Really!!

Love,
Andrea

PS - If you already did this, THANK YOU!!! =)

2 comments:

Kate said...

I found your blog through Matt Logelin's and I'm glad that I did. I hate to be a member of this community - and yet, I'm glad that I'm finding that I'm not alone - that there ARE others who will understand.

-Kate, mother of 1 and widow as of 08/10
www.biggirllittlegirl.com

Andrea Renee said...

Kate, I'm so sorry you've joined us, but yet glad you've found us. My thoughts and prayers are with you.