My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Friday, December 17, 2010

Great dream...

I haven't had as many dreams of Matt as I would like, but last night I had a great one. He had chosen a house for us - not sure where - and had already moved most of our things into it. The first time I got to see it was the day I moved in. I still hadn't seen Matt up to this point, and I half expected to not see him there, but as I was looking through the house going from room to room, I saw him in one of the rooms. We went up to each other and hugged tightly, and with tears in his eyes, he told me he wanted to live with me forever. I told him I wanted to live with him forever, too. It was such a great moment. The excitement of it pushed me to half-awakeness, and then I realized I was dreaming and woke up.

6 comments:

The Jagow Family said...

Beautiful dream, Andrea! Thanks for sharing it with us! Happy Holidays to you and your family!!

Janine (txmomx6) said...

I haven't had many dreams of Jim, either. This sounds like a great dream. :)
I'm sorry that you had to wake up to reality.
Hugs.

MandyMy said...

I love great dreams like this!!! :)

widowedowl said...

That is such a nice dream and nice moment, to be reassured of his love.

The few dreams I have had of Chris (my husband who died in April) haven't been good.

Hopefully the feeling stayed with you.

Jan said...

Andrea, I hope you and your children have a Merry Christmas. I wish you the best.

Lacey said...

It's so bittersweet... I hate that you can't just go back to sleep and pick up right where the dream left off. I've been hoping and praying for a sweet dream like this.