My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Conversation between Jacob and Sydney just now:

SYDNEY: "Jacob, I hear my daddy."

JACOB: "In your heart?"

SYDNEY: "Yeah!"

(me from the next room - "What did he say??")

SYDNEY: "He said, I love you, Sydney- and he said he loves you, too, Jacob."


WOW..... =)

10 comments:

darcie said...

sweetest. thing. EVER!
xoxo

Kelly Syferd said...

So sweet.

Cammie said...

she did hear him in her heart. I know it!!! Love her!

Megan said...

That is so sweet! *heart*

Armando Codina said...

This is sooo sweet! Nice conversation.lol

Wendy said...

I love this. I imagine my little ones talking like this in a couple of years (at least I hope)!

Anonymous said...

Andrea, if you ever have doubts about the job you are doing just re-read this post. While my heart breaks for your loss and for your kids (I lost my dad in sixth grade), this conversation is beautiful. No doubt in their minds that their Dad is looking out for them, that he loves them and that they have a connection. Not the earthly connection you all deserve but he clearly isn't forgotten. You are amazing and so are those kids.

Anonymous said...

God Bless their little hearts and souls... and God Bless you for keeping him alive IN them! You are an amazing mother, with strength few could come close to.

Cindy said...

Well, This conversation is beautiful. No doubt in their minds that their Dad is looking out for them, that he loves them and that they have a connection. Not the earthly connection you all deserve but he clearly isn't forgotten. thanx for posting.

Mama_Bear_Sarah said...

that's no joke. i have no doubt in my mind that it actually happened. kids are amazing at being able to connect. hugs girlie. so happy you got this message.