My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Updates

So a few weeks ago, Sydney asked me for something and I said no. She replied with a very dramatic, "I hate you!" and stormed off.

Now, this girl just turned three years old, and her brother is six and he never pulled that crap on me! I put her in time out, and when she was done serving her time, I asked her, "Do you know why you were in time out?"

She said yes, so I had her explain it to me...



"I was mad at you and said I hate you."

Me:  (jaw dropping to the floor at that very articulate explanation) "It's OK if you're mad at me, but it's not OK to say you hate me. Next time, say, 'Mommy, I'm mad at you!' but please don't say that you hate me." 

Sydney: "OK Mommy."

I figured if she is smart enough to have such a conversation with so much understanding, then she's more than ready to be fully potty trained.

NO MORE DIAPERS!!! (It's been my fault that I waited so long to just bite the bullet and go for it...)

We've been crazy busy over here with so many things:
* Birthday party for the kids
* Got a bunny (Sydney named her!)
* Potty training Sydney (and the bunny)
* Building the site for my business (naming it was harder)
* Got Sydney into preschool for the fall
* My friend Kim's visit from Buffalo
* Surviving Mothers' Day and Fathers' Day
* Installed a new kitchen floor myself, and assembled a filing cabinet
* Jacob's been terribly sick (but he has a loose tooth! He's SO excited.)
* Weekend get-a-way to Vegas!
* Jacob nearing the end of the school year
* Sydney's now getting sick (I'm sure I'm next - it's the natural order of things around here)
* Started working for the Soaring Spirits Loss Foundation!
* Getting a bunch of other things taken care of that I've been procrastinating
* Trying to give my kids at least a little quality time
* Not to mention all the other normal day-to-day crap...

More details to come!

No comments: