My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Friday, May 28, 2010

Some Sydney Quotes

Waving her imaginary magic wand, she says:
Csh - You're a princess!
Csh - I'm a princess!
Csh - Jacob's the daddy!

Sydney put her hands on my face and said, "Cute little mama." HA!

"Sometimes it's scary in my room, but it's not."
She's afraid of dinosaurs and penguins. For a while, she was having bad dreams about penguins, and that has to be the only explanation of why anyone would be afraid of a cute, waddly penguin. She wanted to watch Happy Feet recently, so maybe she's getting over her fear...

"Mommy, I have a question for you. What was God born from?"
I was completely stumped by this - my answer was, "I don't know." What a question from a kid not even three years old yet!!!

Randomly - usually when we're driving:
When I grow up, I dance with my daddy.
When I grow up and get taller than you, I marry my daddy. That's who I marry.
When I big Sydney, I get married and dance with my daddy. 

I honestly don't have a clue where the heck she gets this stuff, but it absolutely breaks my heart.

You da best mommy in da world. Jacob da best bruda in da world.

She is SO animated when she talks, too - using hand gestures all the time and so much inflection in her voice.

She sometimes takes her hand and gently strokes my cheek while she looks lovingly into my eyes.

Sydney's third birthday was May 23, and I had a party for both her and Jacob on May 22. Lots more to write about!

4 comments:

Mama_Bear_Sarah said...

the penguin thing made me laugh out loud.

Lessons in Life and Light said...

Oh, she is SO CUTE. I just want to hug her!

My best friend's 3 year old had an odd fear of penguins too. WTF? He would tell us, "I don't like penguins!" LOL!

letterstoelias said...

The other morning Caia (now 2yrs 8mos) was playing sweetly with my ear and out of the blue said 'I miss Daddy'. Then at bedtime, we were reading a book about wishes and it asked what you would wish for if you had three wishes - of course her first one was simply 'Daddy'.

It's heartbreaking in so many ways, but at the same time comforting to know that, even though they are so young, their Dad's were so amazing and made such an impact on their lives that they are missed.

~C~

Andrea Renee said...

Yeah - what's with the penguins?! =)-

Chelsea, Sydney has actually said that she misses him, too. And today she randomly said (as she has done before but I don't remember to write everything down), "Daddy is in my heart." You're right - it is comforting, too.
Are you bunking with us in August? I sure hope so - I can't wait to meet you! =)