My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Prayers from strangers.

The other day, the kids and I were hanging out in the house and I noticed a car pull up on the street in front of our house. I can't remember exactly what we were doing - it was either when we were cuddled up on the couch together relaxing, or I was making dinner. Either way, I noticed this car and the lady inside, and she was just sitting there in the car.



My first snippy thought was, "What is this lady doing in front of my house??" I've had so many people coming to my house to try to sell me something or to scope out homes that were recently bought in the neighborhood, so I assumed she was someone in one of those groups.

About a minute later, I saw her drive off, and as she pulled away from the house, she did the sign of the cross.

Boy were my assumptions way off.

After seeing that, it was a reminder to me that there are still people out there - many - most of whom I don't even know, who are praying for us. Even in my new hometown. I really do believe that all the prayers from family, friends, strangers, blog readers, neighbors, etc. all really do help in some way, even when we don't know we're being prayed for or by whom.

I equate prayer with love, and I think love is probably the most powerful force, and it can do so much good. I believe in love and that it has the power to improve our lives in ways we can't even imagine. Love is my religion.

The prayers we have received, even unknowingly, have helped us so much and are so very much appreciated.

I've said it out loud several times before, even though I don't think I mentioned it on my blog, but I really feel like even though I've had one of the most devastating, heartbreaking losses there is, I have lived a charmed life full of so much love.

Thank you, stranger lady, and everyone else for your continued prayers. It really does help.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

You and you family are always in my thoughts!

Anonymous said...

We've never met, although I've commented before. I just want to let you know you get LOTS of prayers from strangers... from many of us reading your blog.

You have helped me appreciate my family more, and you've helped me find comfort in the loss of several loved ones (cancer is all too common in my family). I'm pregnant with my first child now, and I want you to know that not only do I pray for my child... I also pray for your children. Take care, and thanks for enlightening us readers.

-Michelle in Ohio

Carrie Lynn Fazzolari said...

Love. Yep.