My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

"Houston, we have a problem..."

I find it very interesting that the same company that my husband worked for when he died on the job is one of the SAME companies that's involved in that huge oil spill off the coast of Louisiana.

You won't find Cameron's name in probably any other article than the one in the Houston Chronicle with regard to the spill.

But look fast, because it might disappear like anything else in writing that casts Cameron in a negative light to the public.

CLICK HERE FOR THE FULL ARTICLE

A little blurb:
 "Cameron, the Houston firm that made the blowout preventer, is working with BP and Transocean to determine what, if anything, went wrong. Investigations by the companies and government authorities will sort out those questions in coming weeks"

EDITED TO ADD: 
I stand corrected... This is NOT the only article with Cameron's name mentioned:
Article from Business Week
Article from nola.com 
Article from MSNBC (This doesn't mention Cameron, but it's an account of what a horrible tragedy this spill has become.)

8 comments:

Jorie said...

Is there a way to become an anti-fan of Cameron on FB? This is a company that has to inspire universal wrath. Especially because of the way they are "handling" you and your children.

Kristel said...

Interesting read.

AVM said...

Andrea - you don't know me, and this is none of my business - but my 26 yr old nephew who was my daughter's godfather, was killed 2 years ago this week during a work accident in the oil sands projects in Alberta, Canada. The company was grossly negligent and have "sealed" all the records and investigation reports. My husband (it was his oldest brother's son who was killed) has been a dog with a bone. He will not rest until a full scale investigation is launched and the company is brought to justice. Just last week, we received word (after 2 years of lawyer phone calls, calls to the media, and tons of red tape) that the government will be investigating. We still have a long road ahead, but we're not letting it go. EVER.

The moral of my (long-winded) story is that if you feel there is something there, that your husband's death was due to their negligence and they're covering it up and not admitting it - PURSUE it. And don't give up. I'm rooting for you. Make some noise. A lot of noise. I read your blog, and although you're a total stranger, I know you have it in you. Best of luck to you.

Anglea said...

You go, Andrea! Don't let them sweep this under the rug. Keep the pressure on them. This should never have happened and hopefully due to your efforts, it won't happen again to anybody else at their hands. Love you girl!

Wendi said...

Andrea, you have my support!! You are a strong, pissed off woman ; ) and have lots of people to back you up! Much love to you, my friend.

Erica said...

Do you think it is at all possible that their letter to you about wanting to stop payment might have had anything to do with this event? The explosion occurred on April 20th, when did you get your letter? I mean, it's probably not likely, but maybe they were trying to reduce or eliminate their spending because they know major lawsuits are coming?

Carrie Lynn Fazzolari said...

Keep fighting girl! When you do it for the right reasons, you succeed. You are doing it for the right reasons. It makes me sick to know that there are companies out there like this - A LOT of companies out there like this. You have a beautiful voice... glad you're using it! I will do all I can to spread the word for you too. Love to you.

mjhogan53213 said...

"... to determine what if anything went wrong." What a crock of crap.