My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Luckiest Mommy...

I've been under the weather going on a good two months now, on and off. The past few days, though, mostly on.



Jacob had a half day of school, as he usually does on Mondays. Sydney and I picked him up, brought him home, had some snacks, and then my energy gave out and I dozed on the couch as the kids climbed on me and talked to me.

Sydney, sensing I was cold since I was curled up in a ball, went and got her favorite blanket from her bed, brought it into the living room and covered me up with it.

Jacob followed suit, and then surprised me with a kiss while my eyes were closed.

The other day, Sydney put both of her hands on my face and said, "Cute little mommy" as I was getting her buckled into her car seat.

I thought I was gonna lose it earlier this morning when they were both whining at me at the same time - don't know why that puts me over the edge. Thankfully, it's the moments like this afternoon that completely make up for them being so age appropriate at other times, and the good moments with them far outweigh the not so good ones.

How did I get so incredibly lucky with these kids?

Tonight when I was tucking them in, I snuggled a bit with Sydney. When she's ready to fall asleep, she likes her own space so she said to me (as she has several times before), "Get in your own bed!"

So I crawled into Jacob's bed and snuggled a bit with him. He said, "You're so cuddly..." And as he fell asleep, I could hear his breathing change as it turned into a soft snore.

These are the precious moments I want to remember.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are soo sweet!! I know what your talking about when you have the two of them whining. That puts me over the edge fast to!! Isn't it cool to be a mom!! It comes with good and it bads, but I wouldn't change a thing about it. I have learned to embrace life more! Live for the YES moments. So when I am at my @#$. I try to think of a YES moment so I can stay calm. I hope you feel better. And live for them YES moments!!!!

Tracy

The Jagow Family said...

You definitely have two very sweet kids! Whining by my Sydney about puts me over the edge to (why is that? :))....but how very true, those sweet and cuddly moments definitely make up for those not so good ones! Hope are feeling better soon! Take care!

Danielle said...

Ah, I love that. Last night my I was tickling my daughter. She said. cut it out and get on your own side. She is 2. It made me laugh.

Glenda said...

Enjoy every minute of every day. I'm sure the kiddos give you the strength you need to continue to go forward. They are so sweet! I love how Sydney says "cute lil mommy" how sweet! Sending you and the kiddos hugs xxx

<3 CMV said...

This reminds me of the reasons why you started this blog in the first place. Love those Mommy moments where you can almost literally feel your heart melting in your chest.
Hope this blog helps you remember moments like those forever.