My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Exciting morning!

My first earthquake in Southern California!!

My in-laws were up just before 4am getting ready for their drive back to Arizona, and I briefly woke to hear them. I dozed back to sleep and woke a few minutes later to the bed shaking. My first thought was that one of the kids was bouncing on my bed, and then I realized that it wasn't just the bed that was shaking!



The first earthquake I experienced was in 1997 when I started my job at a law office in downtown Buffalo. The office was on the 3rd floor, and my boss was standing at my desk. I had only been working there for a couple of weeks at most, so I was trying to be professional as I listened to him give me my next assignment. As he was talking, the building began to shake. It lasted longer than the one we just felt this morning, and when it was done, I looked at him and said, "HA! That was TOTALLY an earthquake!!"

Fortunately, this morning's earthquake didn't do any damage - nothing even fell over in the house, but it did make me jump out of bed and reminded me that I need to get the foundation on the house bolted...

1 comment:

Mama_Bear_Sarah said...

you can "bolt" a foundation??? crazy.