My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Crazy dreams...

I decided to start writing down my crazy, action-packed dreams since maybe someday I could use them as a plot in a movie (I'm in the right town for it now), and cure my financial worries...

Last night, my dream involved a huge, sprawling, complex building (as many of them do for some reason). This one was a mall, and had a daycare and a hotel attached to it. It was a great place to go shopping and leave your kids in a safe place while you shopped in peace. What a great dream, huh? Well, it turned ugly.


An organized group of terrorists (Americans, no less) decided to put trip wires throughout the mall. The mall seemed to be a part of a larger group of buildings in a city-like setting. Somehow they rigged trip wires to bombs in many buildings throughout the city - not just in the mall, but that's where I was at the time.

I was with a few people that became aware of what was happening, and we were all trying to get out. Fortunately, in my dream, I didn't have children or I would have been beside myself, frantically trying to get my kids out of the daycare safely. I have enough of those dreams, anyway... 

The dirty trick was, you either had to be completely still as to not trip any wires or sensors that triggered a bomb and just hope someone else trying to escape in a panic didn't trip one. Basically, if you sat still, you were a sitting duck just waiting to be killed. However, if you decided to try to escape, you risked tripping a bomb and killing others (and possibly yourself) to save yourself. It was a no-win situation. 

What did I decide to do? Save myself, but tried as hard as I could to be aware of all the trip wires and sensors along the way. Somehow, three of us managed to make our way to the outside doors of the building (it was night by the time we made it to that point - it took forever), but then the only way to get out was to obviously open the door, which would trip an unavoidable wire. We opened the door and made a run for it. We got as far away from the building as we could before it exploded.

We found ourselves outside, in the dark, in an unfamiliar place. What was worse, is we were among the terrorists. There were so many of them scattered throughout the city doing their dirty work, that I thought maybe we could try to blend in with them. That way, they wouldn't kill us if they thought we were one of them.

There were lots of other crazy little details that I remembered upon waking that I can't remember now, but it was quite an elaborate dream. What's odd, is I hardly watch any television (usually cartoons or nature programs with the kids), and I rarely get to the movies. Maybe my subconscious is trying to make up for that by coming up with its own plot lines. Thing is, I've had dreams like this most of my life, but just now decided to finally start writing them down. 

You should hear some of the crazy things I dreamed when I was little. I could have been the next Steven King...

3 comments:

Crash Course Widow said...

Sounds like a fascinating metaphor for grief, in many ways, where the trip wires are the triggers for grief. There's no escaping them, no matter how careful or smart you try to be, and just when you think you've outsmarted missing the big explosion, you find you're still amongst more landmines to avoid.

Or maybe I'm just smoking some widow crack since I'm half falling asleep and it's 2 am.... ;oD

Do you ever have normal dreams, girl?? You know, happy, mundane ones?? ;o) Just teasin'. Here's to hoping you either get some good, dreamless sleep or else get a kickass check from Hollywood for your creative plots someday! =)

Hugs!

Heather said...

I have found since James died, I don't remember my dreams in as great of detail as I used to, which is good in one way since someone is usually trying to kill me in them. On the other hand, they are so action packed and I wake up so tired from them it would be nice to know why I am so exhausted from sleeping.

I keep having dreams in which I have a talking cat that I am trying to protect from either the mob or military because she knows military secrets. It wouldn't be so weird if the other animals could talk too but it's just the cat.

Every now and then, I go to a dream interpretation site to see if I can get any insight from there. Sometimes what I read there makes sense, other times not so much.

Andrea Renee said...

LOL Candice!! You're so funny... and no, I usually don't have normal, mundane dreams - at least none that I can remember...

Heather - crazy about the cat! Didn't think to go to a dream interpretation site - good idea!