My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Friday, February 19, 2010

Wow.

One of the other widow bloggers I follow just wrote a post that really hit home. You have to read it (here), and then read my comment to her because that's a post in itself.


My reply: Oh my God. Not only did your post touch my heart so incredibly deeply, but then to hear Sarah McLachlan's Angel just sent me right over the edge. Matt and I had several opportunities for our paths to cross, but didn't meet until a bit later on as well. And this song was pivotal in our early years. How is it that couples who are so mismatched can live in unhappiness for so many years, and people like us who had our perfect match have to lose them so soon? I can only hope that it's true that we will be together again someday. I don't believe in hell as in fire and brimstone, but I believe that what we are going through is. And what we experienced being together with our soul mates was heaven. When I looked at Matt, and when I look at his pictures now, it's honestly like looking at half of myself. It seems to make sense, because half of myself is now gone.  Thanks for the good cry - I was overdue.
Many hugs and lots of love to you.

3 comments:

Meghan said...

that was intense. the night i lost my mom my family decided to go stay with different people. my dad stayed with my aunt and uncle, my sisters went with my other aunt and uncle to be with my cousins, and i went with my best friend at the time. when my dad went to warm up the car, he was all alone, just crying. he turned on the car and the first thing that he heard was 'angel' at the chorus, just like womannshadows.

i think that people who leave the earth before they are supposed to go, use this song to let us (the ones that are left) know they're still here. i know it sounds cheesy but every time i hear that song, i feel my mom around me.

Anonymous said...

WOW!! After reading that I was thinking about my MOM when she passed and everyone else that I knew that is no longer with us and I broke down in tears!! I also can't wait to see my mommy again. Even after 13 years I still can remember the smell of her hair. I know that she is still with me.

Tracy

Shelia said...

I dont normally comment. Just read and then say a prayer for you and the kids. I am engaged now. Your blog reminds me to hold dear to the love thats shared between my fiancee and I. My mom died 2 years ago, July 27, 2007. That pain and longing for is always present. I'm not sure if we ever get over it. I pray that God continues to give you the strength and the courage to face another day. With all my love....