My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Video

I was looking for a few pictures on my computer to give to Janelle for the interview when I found a couple of video clips of Matt. One was of him with Sydney when she was just learning how to walk.

I can't tell you what a relief it was to hear his voice, see him move, hear his laugh after more than a year of being deprived of him. I can't even describe my emotions when I watch the video... relief, joy, despair, anger, love...

I played the video for Jacob, and he just wanted to see train videos on the computer instead. I know that's no reflection of how he feels about his daddy - he probably didn't even really see what was on the computer since he was so focused on the possibility of seeing a train video (can you believe there are people who post videos of trains - real and toy - on YouTube?? Good thing for us, though).

I showed Sydney the video, and she got really excited. "There's my daddy! Hey Jacob! Look! There's my daddy!! And there's my Sydney!!"

At least now I have more than just Matt's voice on his outgoing voice mail message saying "Matt Row," though I still like that I can dial his number and hear his voice in some way on the other end.

I've got to find more videos of him...


8 comments:

Em said...

I will have to look around but I think at the very least you can upload it to another site like flickr or something and then insert the link on your blog post. I will keep looking!

Em said...

I did find a post that you have to use the older version of the post editor to upload videos. Im not sure why its not on the new one. But the link said you can just switch over to the older version to add it and then switch back. hope it helps! :)

Kate said...

When I had to change cell phones, I begged the man at the store to save Jason's message somewhere! Anywhere! I couldn't bear to lose it. And well - he did. An hysterical woman at the cell phone store is not pretty.

Andrea Renee said...

Thank you, Em!!!

Glenda said...

ahhh my heart is breaking for Sydney... but I'm so happy you found this video that she can always cherish of her daddy XX

Danielle said...

I can't imagine how that made you feel. So many emotions. I am happy that you have it.

Jennifer M Karn said...

After my Kevin died I began searching for our wedding video which is on VHS. Eighteen months later I still cannot find it. I'm devastated.

I called his cell phone shortly after he passed thinking I would hear his voice. Instead, I heard mine. I had forgotten that he would never record his own message. I would give anything to hear his voice or see him in a video.

Peace be with you.

Heather said...

What a wonderful thing to have found! I recorded our outgoing message and James never recorded one on his cell-he just had the voice automated message that came with the phone. What I wouldn't give to be able to hear his voice again...