My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

The past few weeks...

Where do I begin... my brother is on the mend and just about back to normal. The day he got out of the hospital, my sister flew into town to see him. She went back yesterday morning, but it was so great to see her.

Jacob and Sydney are over strep throat and now onto bronchitis. Jacob is on his second round of antibiotics, and Sydney will probably start hers today since she hasn't improved over the past few days. My poor girl is miserable. To quote her, "I'b sick, Bobby."

Jacob is really catching on to reading! It just all of a sudden seemed to click with him. He is reading "sight words" like "the, and, is, have" and is sounding out others and doing a fabulous job. He's reading simple stories and is gaining confidence. Now he can start reading to me finally!

I'm on a roll with getting my yard in shape. I hadn't done much with it since I moved in and it was in serious need of some TLC. I find doing yard work is extremely therapeutic, and I'm enjoying every bit of it. So much so, that I've been doing that instead of facing the insurance mail and medical bills still sealed in their envelopes that have been looming over my head for weeks. I'm working on that right now (can you tell?) and then when I'm done, my reward will be getting back outside to do more yard work. The weather has been incredible!

In the meantime, I'm counting down the minutes until Sydney's pediatrician's office opens so I can call them and get her on some meds. I feel like I'm leaving out a whole bunch of stuff, but this is the best I can do right now. No more procrastinating...

UPDATE: Sydney has bronchitis and an ear infection. My poor girl.

2 comments:

The Jagow Family said...

Hi Andrea, when I read this post about yard work and how it is therapeutic to you, I thought "if she lived closer to me, I would buy her one of these cool rolling buckets that I saw at Sam's Club today". I myself doesn't really care for yard work, but my husband does....and when I saw this rolling bucket I thought it was so cool and how I might enjoy yard work with this thing (ok, that might be a stretch :)). And now with you in mind I know 3 people that I would buy this for (my husband, my mom and you). Seriously, it just looks so cool and easy to move around. Anyway, if you have a Sam's Club membership (and there is one near you), it might worth checking out. (I live in MN, and the size of the thing would be awkward to ship...but really if I lived closer I would have bought this for you in a heartbeat!) :)

Hope your kids are feeling better soon!
Take care!
Michelle

Danielle said...

I hope that your kiddos feel better soon and glad to hear that your brother is getting better!