My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

An Interview.

Janelle Shantz Hertzler, who suffered a great loss of her own in July of 2005, started a grief website and has written a book to help others who have experienced a major loss. Her husband passed away suddenly when their son was just 18 months old.

Janelle recently contacted me about doing an interview with her to add to her site. She asked me some great questions, and while it was hard not to get too long-winded with my responses, you can read the interview here.

I recommend taking a look through her site, as it contains tons of great resources and information for anyone who is grieving or wants to help someone who is grieving.

6 comments:

Glenda said...

Andrea, thanks for sharing the interview. Sending you hugs! XXX My heart aches for Jacob and Sydney! I lost my dad when I was 13.

Cammie said...

Much love to you and the kids Andrea, you did a wonderful job with the interview and I know others will benefit from your words!
xoxo

Shannon said...

Andrea...
That was a beautiful story!
And I have to tell you how much you look like Jennifer Aniston! Have you ever been told that before? You could be twin sisters!!! Just saying... Hope that doesn't offend you! Shannon

Anonymous said...

What a nice article. It was also nice to see pictures. As someone who doesn't know you, but reads your blog several times a week, the pictures were great to see. Have you thought about posting more pictures on your blog? Again, thanks for sharing this with us.

-Michele in Ohio

Andrea Renee said...

Glenda, I'm so sorry for your loss - I would think 13 is a tough age to lose a parent. xoxo

Thank you, Cammie - love you, too!

Shannon, I was told that once or twice before, but I thought I was getting a line of baloney... That's very flattering!

Michele - thank you for reading! One of my new year's resolutions was to add pictures to my blog... I need to get a few other things done first, but eventually there will be pictures!

Jill said...

Andrea, that was an excellent interview. You are a very strong woman!!