My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Resolutions...

It's hard to believe that Christmas of 2009 is only three days away. I have to say, for as rotten as this year has been, it really has flown. I've been pretty damn busy, and I'm sure that helped! I'm actually relieved that this year is almost over with. I'm going to try to look at 2010 as another fresh start.



I have several goals for the upcoming year. One is to work on making sure that Matt's death was not in vain. The other is to write my heart out. I'm going to purge my guts into the computer (some on this blog, some not), clear my head, heart, and make a clean slate for myself.

Now that we're moved and mostly settled, I'm also going to start focusing on having more fun with my kids, and having more fun for me. I need to do more things for myself so I can be better for my kids, and for myself.

I want to be more light hearted.

I'm going to start giving back.

I'm going to start posting pictures.

I'm going to see that 2010 is full of positives for us. I've already got a good start with beginning the year on the west coast.

Thank you to all my wonderful friends, family, fellow widows and widowers, and blog readers who have given us so much love this year to help us through. I credit each and every one of you for us getting to this point.

I'm going to read this post when I start feeling down again.......... =)-

5 comments:

Jill said...

Nice to hear that, Andrea. You deserve a fresh start and happy & healthy 2010!! Merry Christmas to you and your sweet family :-)

AndreaRenee said...

Thank you, Jill - same to you!

Danielle said...

I hope that your 2010 proves to be great for you and your family.
Merry Christmas!

Boo said...

please do read this post again when you are down, and I will do the same. Bring on 2010. We've made it this far Andrea, nothing can stop us now xxx

Glenda said...

Happy Holidays!! XXX and may the New Year bring much love, health and happiness!! you deserve it!!!