My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Friday, December 11, 2009

Remembering...

It was ten years ago today that you asked me to marry you. That was by far one of the best days of my life. All the best days of my life were with you.

I'll never forget when we were driving back from Niagara Falls after you proposed, turning to you and saying, "I can't believe that not only did I finally get to meet such a wonderful man and fall in love, but to have him feel the exact same way about me as I do about him is the best feeling in the world... and to have him not only want to date me, but want to spend the rest of his life with me, too!" It was the first time I cried tears of joy (I never understood 'crying tears of joy' until then).

I miss you so much, My Love.

8 comments:

Sindy said...

You don't know me and I can't even remember how I found you blog. But have been reading it ever since. and my heart breaks for you. I am so sorry that you had to lose the love of your life. I know what it is like to find that someone that is just the right one for you. I have been married to him for 22 years and after reading your blog I try to tell my husband how much I love him because we sometimes take that for granted and do not say it enough. My heart is with you and your kids.

Kelly Syferd said...

I know you are holding that happy time close to your heard today. XOXO

Robin said...

I'm sorry Andrea.

Notes From the Grove said...

You and your family are always in my heart.

Meghan said...

What a beautiful proposal story. Sending my love.

Shannon said...

That is sooo beautiful! Niagra Falls is one of my husbands and I favorite places. We try to go there every couple of years. Nothing fabulous as a proposal happened there, as you had, but it is an amazing place. I can't wait to take my kids there someday. I am glad you have those wonderful memories to keep close to your heart. No one can ever take them from you. Big friendship hugs, Andrea. I'm thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

Hey you...so awesome to meet you! I had a blast..your kids are awesome and you cook a fantastic chicken meal! Can't wait to hang out again!You are the tops..

xoxo Jeffra

Heather said...

Doesn't 10 years seem like so long ago and just like yesterday all at the same time? It was 10 years ago next week that I met James.

Thank you for sharing such a sweet story.

(((Andrea)))