My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Retail Therapy.

After I dropped Jacob off at school on Tuesday, Sydney and I brought the van in to be serviced. The dealership, fortunately, is within walking distance to an awesome shopping area (I LOVE where I live!!!), so Sydney and I took full advantage. Let's see... we dropped the van off around 8:30am, and it was ready by 1:00pm... Four and a half hours of shopping bliss.

Since the stores weren't open yet first thing that morning, we hit Starbucks first. Then we took our time and made our way around all the stores. It had been such a long time since I had been shopping like that (the fun kind) and it felt soooo good. What was even better is Sydney loves it just as much as I do. My kinda girl.

She took a nice nap, too, which started in the shoe store. I was able to take my time and really peruse. As I was waiting in line for the cashier, I was thinking about how Matt would be getting a kick out of seeing me hold two pairs of shoes with a look on my face that contains a mix of elation and guilt. I always feel guilty buying stuff for myself - especially if they aren't necessities.

As I contemplated my purchase while waiting in line, I looked over at the wall on the other side of the store, and in big, bold letters were the words, "Life Is Short - Buy The Shoes." I took it as a sign............ No guilt today. =)

3 comments:

Glenda said...

Retail therapy is the best! Shop till you drop! LOL :) I have a daughter and she's loved to go shopping since she was about 3 yrs old. It's the best bonding time as your lil one gets older too. The best time to hang out and just be friends and "talk". Wishing you a good weekend! Sending you hugs XX

Jill said...

That's awesome, glad to hear you had a fun girls day and treated yourself. You really deserve it!! I will be thinking of you this weekend, all the best to you and the kids.

Boo said...

Good for you. It makes my heart smile to read you had a light day, a happy day. SHOES (and handbags) are GOOD xxxx