My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Updates

So far, my sister's surgery has yielded the desired results! She's actually in less pain post op then she was before her surgery. She can now stand while brushing her teeth and showering (instead of needing to sit to take the pressure off her back), and can even walk! Her back had gotten so bad that she needed to be in a wheel chair if she went to the grocery store or mall. She could get through a short trip if she leaned on the cart, but now she's able to actually walk. YAY!!

Matt, Maddy and Rachel arrived safely in India.

Hmmm... Maybe He is listening.

My in-laws just left this morning from a five day visit. In that short amount of time, we picked out paints for every room in the house (except the bathroom and laundry room) and got every room (except those two) painted! What a huge improvement. It not only is more in my taste, but it's cleaner, and now I can finally hang pictures! Those are the only things left in boxes at this point. I'd venture to guess that by the end of October, I should be mostly settled into my new home. It was great to get to share my new place with Ginny and Roy, and for them to have their hand in improvements for my hew home. The way they cranked out that quality work in such a short amount of time was proof where Matt got his skills and drive... At least if he couldn't have his hand in our new place, we had the next best thing with his parents.

It's really feeling more like home, too. Maybe it's because of all the rain we're getting right now... ;)

4 comments:

Crash Course Widow said...

Good gawd...you've only been there, what, 6-8 weeks now and you're ALREADY basically done with moving in?? Sheesh, I've been here six months now and I'm STILL not done. I hit the 80% mark and then it hasn't progressed much past there. Oops!

Good to hear an update from you! Miss you and your sunshiny face and your dance moves. ;o) Hugs!

Island Roys said...

He does listen. But His plans may be different than what we think they should be. That's where our faith and trust in Him come in.

Paint does make a lot of difference. And so do pictures on the wall so have fun hanging them!

Shannon said...

I am so glad you got so much done in your new house and got to spend quality time with your in-laws. I bet the kids had a blast. That should have given you a piece of mind. Hopefully everything will fall into place for you now. Keep yur chin up! You are doing GREAT! Defineately my HERO! Shannon

Kelly Syferd said...

Sounds like you are settling into the new place nicely. I can't wait to see pics of it!
And so glad to hear your sister is doing well as well. I will eventually have to have back surgery as well but not looking forward to it at all.