My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Random thoughts...

This is the quietest place I think I've ever lived, even for a suburb. It's the first time in years that I don't live right near a fire whistle, in the middle of a flight pattern, or on a busy road. Love it! Plus, I won't be hearing the sounds of plows this winter. =)

Sydney calls Jacob "Jacobi," and she says to me, "I love you Mommy Dear." What a little sweetheart! She has been so incredibly well-behaved during the hundreds of errands we run while Jacob is at school, too.

Jacob is such a wonderful big brother to his little sister... He is patient and sweet with her. For instance, he indulges her desire to help and will even undo something he's already done just so she can have a turn at it.

Haven't found a hairstylist yet, or a babysitter to watch the kids while I go anyway, so I ended up taking matters into my own hands. I lopped off the dry, split ends myself, and man - what an improvement. Usually just cut the kids' hair, not my own.

The kids and I really enjoy the spur-of-the-moment walks around the block with Jacob on his bike and Sydney on her tricycle.

I'm making some good friends out here. Enjoying living near my brother and his family. Loving this beautiful neighborhood, weather, house, peacefulness of it all. It makes me feel like I am functioning well in between those bad moments.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I like how happy you sound in this post. It makes me smile for you.

My daughter always says. I yuv you Bryce's mommy. She melts my heart.

Glenda said...

I'm so happy for you that you sound so happy! Sending you hugs XX