My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Finally, some good news!!!

It's been one hell of a week.

My babysitter has been away on a family vacation/road trip, and I've been off of work.

The company I work for hired someone to take my position, so I had to go into work to do a little training with her, but had to bring the kids with me. Needless to say, not a whole lot has gotten accomplished.

I've had to run into work various other times as well to send out faxes, print documents, etc. because my printer at home isn't working, and I don't have fax capabilities. Dragging the kids back and forth with me each time.

My uncle declined quickly and passed away. He lives in North Carolina. My sister, who was here to help me out and then stay with my kids while I go to San Diego for the Soaring Spirits Conference, went to North Carolina (I sound unforgiveably selfish here, I know). My sister won't be back until Friday night, so as it is, I have to dump them off on some friends who willingly offered to help me out - thank goodness.

Uncle Frankie's funeral is tomorrow (Thursday), and I can't go. I so want to be there to support my family, but I don't want to drag the kids to NC for a funeral and then come home only to dump them off so I can fly to San Diego on Friday for a conference on widowhood that I've had planned for four months and am really looking forward to. I'm going to plan a separate trip to North Carolina at some point when things calm down.

I have a sinus infection and feel like shit. So not only do I have to drag the kids to the office today to send off more documents, but I also have to drag them to a germy doctor's office with me.

The paperwork, however, is good (finally - here comes the good news!!!) - it's all because of the one little light in all this mess. I saw a listing this Friday for a home in the same beautiful area in California as the home I found before. The offer I put on that first house would likely take months to be accepted because it's a short sale (long explanation). My awesome realtor was able to get in there Friday night to look at it for me. Since we had looked at 23 houses together last month, I'm pretty confident that he knows what I'm looking for and what my taste is. He said it's even nicer than the other home. I made an offer on this house on Saturday, and on Sunday night it was ACCEPTED!!! This home is a nice, normal, clean sale, and my offer was accepted. Oh my goodness... it's really happening now!! I'm excited and scared... scared because I need to sell my house in NY now. Like, NOW.

I need to get all this paperwork in order, signed, sent off, etc. The closing is in 30 days!!!!!!

The inspection is today at 4pm. I changed my flight so that I fly into San Diego and leave out of LAX so I can see the house Sunday afternoon after the conference.

My poor kids are being neglected by me, though, and as a result, are acting up more than usual. Between being on the phone, paperwork, writing this entry, etc., it's making every little thing even more challenging. This is not how I like to parent. Especially when it's not often I get to be home with them this much.

But finally - a plan, and a good solid beginning to a fresh start!

Off to go pick up some antibiotics now....

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

so, so happy for you! I wanted to go to the conference to support Matt L. and meet you and Jackie, but alas, I cannot. I am confident we will meet through Matt L.at another time! Congrats on the house and have a truly awesome time in San Diego! Your Matt would want that for you...Get well soon! Jeffra

Danielle said...

It's for a short period of time and it's for all of your futures. Kids are resiliant and you are an awesome mom. Congratulations on the house. Take lots of pictures for us.

Boo said...

you got it - yes! Best news I've had all week ... very happy for you. Good luck with the paperwork xx

AndreaRenee said...

Thanks, ladies!!

Jeffra, I would have loved to meet you, too. We will meet someday, though!

Jill said...

Not selfish, you're doing the best that you can with what you have. You're an amazing Mom! Going to conferences allows you to process your grief and ultimately be a better Momma :) Good luck with everything you have going on! I think about your family often.

Meghan said...

Andrea!!! I am so happy to hear that you went to the conference. I couldn't go because I am not a widow, or widower... just a daughter of a widower.

I am also so happy that you got you're house. What area in LA are you going to be living in?!? I was born and raised in LA county. I can't wait to see what the rest of the year will bring you.

Shannon said...

Andrea....
SLOW DOWN, take a deep breath and RELAX! Girl, you are going to have a stroke! First of all, Congrats on the house! I hope it's exactly what ou want! Secondly; your kids are probably feeling all your stress and anxiety, that will all pass when things calm down. Sorry to hear about your Uncle. That didn't come at a good time. This will all be worth it in about three months when you are all settled in your new house, looking out your livingroom window with your cup of coffee/tea in the morning, saying " I did it, all by myself...aren't you proud of me Matt? And I promise, you will quietly hear a "yes" Andrea, in more ways than you will ever know! Good Luck with all of your travels! Shannon

Rick said...

I hope your feeling better!!!

I am so sorry for loss, again.

(((((((Andrea)))))))

You are an incredible mother! It is not easy doing what you are alone. After the move and things settle down, you will be able to spend more time with your children. A little sacrifice now for a better tomorrow!!! I wish you the BEST!!!

twelvekindsofcrazy said...

I agree with Danielle, this kids will be ok, and you are an AWESOME mama.
Congrats on your good news!