My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

June 10-15, 2009

What a week! I flew to California to go house-hunting. My goal was to find a house I like, put in an offer and get it inspected. Mission accomplished.

It was so hard to leave my kids for almost a whole week, but I knew they would be miserable getting dragged from one house to another, and I knew they were in good hands.

The real estate agent and I looked at 23 houses in two days. It wasn't until the second-last house that I felt the love... A house I can see my little family living in, and in a neighborhood I can envision raising them in!!

When we drove down the street to go see this house, the first thing I noticed was (other than how beautiful the street was and quaint the neighborhood seemed) the children playing in the front yard across the street... Jacob's and Sydney's ages! The house is a beautiful little Spanish-style bungalow with a nice little yard that seems easy to maintain. Three bedrooms, two bathrooms, fenced in back yard, complete with a clay tile roof! I am in love...

The elementary school is literally right around the corner within walking distance, as are some parks, hiking, and places for Jacob to ride his bike. Did I mention my kids will have friends right across the street, too??

The woman living in the house is a sweetheart, and I promised her that if I get the house, I will take good care of it and make sure that it's always filled with love. Now I'm just praying that the deal goes through with the bank...

The more time I spend in California, the more right this feels. My children and I are going to be happy here.

16 comments:

Cammie said...

So excited for you Andrea!!

Danielle said...

I am so excited for you to begin you new venture. Again, you are the epitimy of strenght in my eyes. I have lived in the same damn state my whole life. I just don't have the guts and wish I did.
I bet Matt is so proud of you.

Kelly Syferd said...

I am so happy and relieved and excited for you. I am so happy you found a house that you love and wish you lots of luck with everything going through.

Glenda in San Diego said...

I am so happy for you! I pray that you get the house you fell in love with, and I'm sure you and the kids will share lots of memories in this new home! So so happy! Best of luck always!

Marla said...

That's so exciting! I hope you guys have a wonderful life in California.

Jill said...

I'm so happy for you! Congrats on finding the right home. This fresh start sounds like just what the doctor ordered. Best of luck to you!

K said...

Wonderful, Andrea... wonderful. Can't wait to hear more as your plans progress!

Sarah said...

Been following your blog for awhile. Don't think I have ever commented but it was so nice to read your post and "hear" some hope and joy in your writing. Finding the right house is so important and I am glad you found it. Praying that the deal goes through with no problem!

Tracey said...

That's fantastic news, Andrea!! I can tell how excited you are and I'm excited for your new beginning. The house sounds perfect and I hope it all comes together!

Anglea said...

Wow...so glad you found a place you love. Sounds like you and the kids will fit right in there. Yay!!! I'm sure Matt has had a hand in all this for how well it's all working out. And I'm sure he's also very proud of how you're dealing with everything and raising those kids so well. I think you and the kids will be so happy in CA....love you, Andrea!

Island Roys said...

I am so excited for you. It makes a big difference when it feels good. You are off on a new adventure.

Shannon said...

Andrea...
I thought you left already. I am so happy for you. You are such an accomplisher. Hell, I can't even get my basement cleaned that I have been "saying" I am going to do since the yard sale in May!!!! Did you ever get your house sold yet? Hope you all have a safe move. No doubt you will get the house. Matt will be so proud of you!

Laurie said...

The house sounds perfect!! Good luck with everything!

Rick said...

That is such GREAT news!! A fresh start is something good for the soul. You are taking charge of your life and doing was is best for you and your family!! I am VERY proud of the steps you have taken (Matt is too!!) and life will be more meaningful now for you. What is nice is that your close to family and in the warmer weather!! You seem like a "California Girl" to me, so you'll fit right in (LOL!)

God Blessings on your bright future!

~*Kara*~ said...

So happy to hear the great news! I hope all goes through with the bank. Sounds like a perfect place! Good luck!

Notes From the Grove said...

Good luck to you and your little ones. This sounds like a wonderful opportunity for all of you!