My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Another note about this Father's Day...

Sunday, while we were driving to Matt's aunt and uncle's house for a Father's Day picnic, I told the kids that on the count of three, we're gonna shout, "Happy Father's Day" to Daddy as loud as we can so he can hear us in Heaven.

"One, two, three - HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!!!!" shouted Jacob, Sydney and me at the top of our lungs... At least if Matt didn't hear us, everyone on the way to Aunt Mary's and Uncle Rick's did!

Last night we went to a little get-together with some friends. While all the kids were at the kids' table eating their dinner, Jacob orchestrated another shout out to Daddy with the rest of the kids, and we heard another loud "HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!!" to Daddy that echoed through the neighborhood.

With a big smile on his face, Jacob said he just wanted to make sure Daddy heard him in Heaven.

5 comments:

Jo said...

That made me all teary-eyed. You have such wonderful kids.

Marla said...

And I know Matt was smiling down at you...

Kelly said...

I discovered your blog through Matt Logelin's site, and I just wanted to say that I'm checking in on you from time to time to see how you're doing. Your kids were so blessed to have such a wonderful father, but don't forget that they're equally blessed to have a fantastic mom too! All the best in your new endeavors out West. You'll love it out here!!

Carrie Lynn Fazzolari said...

Every time I catch up on your blog, I am more and more convinced that you are a wonderful mom, and person, and your children are blessed to have you. Whether you live in NY, California or Tahiti, you and your children will be absolutely fine.

(Incidentally, my daughter Paige, as Jeff's Goddaughter, orchestrated amongst her brother and friends, a "Happy Birthday" rendition of her own, along with a Cha-cha-cha at the end of it. I know he was happy to hear it. They then went on to shovel chocolate cake in their mouths like it was their last meal!)

AndreaRenee said...

Wow, Carrie - thank you so much. That really means a lot to me; especially since I have so much respect for you as a mom and a person. xoxo
(Go Paige!)