My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day.

Another stupid Hallmark holiday designed to set people up for disappointment and heartache, and ruin what could have otherwise been a decent day. Ranks right up there with Valentine's Day.

On the positive side, I look at my children as my gifts, so technically, Mother's Day is every day for me. I did get some very special hugs and kisses from my gifts this morning!

Took my mom out for dinner with the kids, and when we got home, there was a gift bag at the front door. Inside was a card, signed by Jacob and Sydney! Well, Jacob signed it, and Sydney had a little help... There was also some bubble bath stuff, and two dinner plates designed by my kids!! Jacob's plate has his hand traced on it, and he signed his name. Sydney's plate has a bunch of colorful scribbles on it. Beautiful! Amy, our next door neighbor and one of Matt's cousins, was the one that set up that awesome surprise. She is one of the most thoughtful people I know!

Talked to my mother-in-law, who had been on my mind every minute of the day. If I thought this day was difficult for me, multiply that by a thousand for her. At a minimum.

A little while later, my doorbell rang (my brother installed a doorbell for me when he was here in March). No one was there.

My sister showed up about a half hour later from Schenectady, and we had a great visit and ended the night with some laughter and tears. I'll get to keep her until Friday.

7 comments:

Cammie said...

HUGS to you Andrea

Stephanie Piontkowski said...

Always thinking of you, I'm glad you had a nice relaxing Mother's Day.

The Richards Family said...

Thinking of you friend, as I do every day..

Danielle said...

Happy every day to you! You deserve to have every day be mothers day since you are a great one.
Danielle
http://midlifemommy07.blogspot.com/

Always Ascher said...

What an awesome suprise! Hope you and your sis had lots of laughs!

Kelly said...

Hugs, Andrea.

eastmoormom said...

i would like to think that your doorbell ding was a 'hey, i'm thinking of you' kind of message!!!