My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Funny story about that doorbell ring...

Matt's cousin Amy (who set up my wonderful Mother's Day surprise) is married to Aris and they have two little boys. Alex, Adam, Jacob and Sydney get along incredibly well and love spending as much time together as they possibly can.

All four members of their family had a hand in this surprise. They put the bag in front of my door sometime on Sunday morning, and when I left the house that afternoon, I didn't notice the bag since I usually enter and exit through the garage.

Aris was trying to text me anonomously, but I delete anonymous texts without reading them, which was probably good since this particular anonymous text said, "Go to your front door." Probably would have freaked me out! He noticed that the bag was still there that afternoon, so he sent Alex down to ring the doorbell with the instructions to ring it, and then run back up as fast as he can so I don't see him. Alex said, "I can't ding dong ditch Andrea!"

He did it, anyway, and after running back up the hill faster than anyone has ever seen him run, Aris asked him, "Was the bag still there?"

Out of breath, he answered, "I don't know - I didn't notice!"

Ha ha!! They are the best.

3 comments:

Rick said...

Very, very cute story!!! :-)

jeana said...

That is way too cute!

Anglea said...

Love it! That was a great little story....thanks for sharing.