My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Birthday Party!

Jacob's and Sydney's birthday party was this Saturday, and it went off without a hitch. Everyone had a great time, and the kids had a blast. A couple of our friends who have a bounce house business treated my kids to a bounce house for the party, and we had it all day Saturday and Sunday (I even got in it for a little while on Sunday)! I will never have another birthday party wtihout one. All the kids were contained in there for almost the entire duration of the party, so clean up was a breeze!

My dad drove out from Syracuse on Friday afternoon and stayed until Sunday, and it was really wonderful to have him out. It was so comforting to have him here - especially during the party. I really think he's the reason why I actually enjoyed myself instead of being depressed the whole time. Having him hanging out with our friends made me feel not as lonely. I tried not to dwell too much on the fact that Matt wasn't there for our children's birthday party, but at one point it was a little tough. Sydney got some really cute dress up shoes for her birthday, and was trying them on. My first instinct was to tell her to go show Daddy. My mouth was already forming the words, but I managed to stop myself before the words left my lips.

Sunday, my dad put some gas in the tractor for me and got me started with mowing the lawn. I finished it later that day myself, and actually enjoyed it! I was a bit intimidated at first by the hills in our yard (we have three acres of land), but after a bit, I got brave and whipped around like I'd been doing it right along. I think Matt helped me a little...

You all would be proud of me. I downloaded pictures onto my computer for the first time since October. It was a really difficult thing for me to do (I explain that in this previous post).





4 comments:

Michelle said...

Thanks for sharing those pictures. Your kids are gorgeous- and they look so alike! You're just as pretty as ever, too. :) I'm glad the party went well.

Kelly said...

I'm so proud of you! And happy birthday to Jacob and Sydney - I can not believe how big they've gotten. <3

AndreaRenee said...

Thank you!! =)

Rick said...

AWESOME PICTURES!!!!!