My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Workers Compensation

These guys are about as tactful as Social Security. I recieved a notice in the mail the other day about a hearing that is scheduled for April 24. First of all, could they have given a bit more notice?? Secondly, was it really necessary for them to send a copy of the notice to me, and a separately mailed copy of the same piece of paper to my deceased husband? What, really, was the purpose of that???

It's pretty obvious that the people in charge of these procedures have not lost a spouse or maybe they would use a bit more common sense and sensitivity. I'm willing to bet my attorney didn't get a copy of the notice, but they made sure my dead husband got one. Idiots.

No comments: