My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day!

(And Happy 24th Birthday to my nephew, Michael! )

In honor of Earth Day, I have a link to an awesome, informative, short video that I believe everyone should watch. It made a big impact on me, and think it could make an impact on everyone who views it.

THE STORY OF STUFF
From its extraction through sale, use and disposal, all the stuff in our lives affects communities at home and abroad, yet most of this is hidden from view. The Story of Stuff is a 20-minute, fast-paced, fact-filled look at the underside of our production and consumption patterns. The Story of Stuff exposes the connections between a huge number of environmental and social issues, and calls us together to create a more sustainable and just world. It'll teach you something, it'll make you laugh, and it just may change the way you look at all the stuff in your life forever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That was awesome!!
Thanks,
Michelle