My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Oh boy...

OK, maybe it was a little impulsive, but I decided to go to the conference - booked my flight, hotel and conference tickets - AHHH!!! I'm so excited and nervous. Mainly nervous to leave my kids. I know they'll be in good hands, but still... I think I won't like being away from them as much as they won't like me going, but I think it'll be good for all of us. And, this will be my first trip by myself!! Geez - I'm feeling more grown up every day. Not too much, though - don't worry... ;)

I'll be missing my family reunion on July 18, but Matt's 5K in August will be like a reunion, anyway...

This is definitely something to look forward to. Thanks, Matt!!

9 comments:

Cammie said...

that is fantastic!! Will you get to meet matt and maddy?

AndreaRenee said...

I don't know, but that'd be a bonus!

Stephanie Piontkowski said...

Good for you Andrea

melissa said...

That's great!

mattlogelin said...

i'm glad to hear that you're going to make it to s.d.

you will meet me for sure, but i think maddy is going to stay in los angeles.

Kelly said...

I'm so glad you decided to go. I think this will be good for both you and the kids!!

Jackie said...

Hi, Andrea. Matt asked me to let you know that I am hoping to be there as well. I know we've never talked and Matt only sent me in your direction tonight but I hope to meet you there.
All the best, Andrea.
Jackie

Melissa said...

That's great! I'm proud of you. I think it will be a great time. I was just reading about it on Matt's blog.

Kelly Syferd said...

I have a feeling this will be a wonderful trip for you, Andrea.