My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Monday, March 2, 2009

Jacob's latest...

Every day, Jacob says something that is hilarious or heartbreaking, or somewhere in between that just amazes me. I always have the intention to remember, but whenever I go to write it down, it escapes me. Yesterday, I wrote down one of the things he said, and actually remembered another...

Jacob: "When are we going to God's home to visit my dad?"

Me: =S (not sure how to respond, so there's a pause...)

Jacob: "Mom? When are we?"

Me: "Um.... it doesn't quite work that way, sweetie..."

There was a bit more back and forth, but that was a tough one. Out of the mouth of babes.

When I tucked him into bed last night, he was laying there and said, "Mommy," like he was going to say something profound again after that, and he said,

"Sometimes my butt itches."

LOL!!! I just love that boy.

3 comments:

Cammie said...

Im glad you have him to make you smile! I think him and Pierce would get along just fine

Megan said...

Yeah, that would be a tough one.

LOL He gave me a giggle. :0P

eastmoormom said...

i love love love this post....
been getting the same bedtime talk here....
a very good friend of mine' son (years ago) asked her...'what exactly is the purpose of butt hair'!!!! our little men!!!
i think you are handling the questions very well!!