My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Friday, March 20, 2009

Cruella DeVil

One of Jacob's favorite movies is 101 Dalmations... I think his favorite part of the movie, though, is at the end when Selena Gomez sings the 'Cruella DeVil' song - I think he has a crush on her (ha ha!).

Every once in a while, he'll start singing with his sweet little voice, "Cruella DeVil, Cruella DeVil, if she doesn't scare you, no evil thing will..." I have to admit, it IS a catchy tune - I find myself singing it out of the blue once in a while. I should probably teach him some other songs so I can hear his sweet little voice sing about something nice...

Right now, his favorite movies are The Polar Express (has been since he was 2 - he's obsessive about trains), Wall-E, 101 Dalmations, Peter Pan, and Mary Poppins (it's my duty to introduce him to the classics!!). His favorite music is the soundtrack to The Polar Express, John Denver's All Aboard CD, and KT Tunstall's 'Black Horse and the Cherry Tree.'

He also likes combines, and gets so excited when he sees one. For those who don't know what a combine is (I didn't know until Matt told me), it's a really big farm vehicle that cuts fields of corn, wheat and oats... Our property is right next to part of Matt's uncle's farm, so it's always a thrill at the end of the season when we see the combine cutting the corn from our house.

Matt and Jacob used to find YouTube videos of trains and combines. Who'd have thought there would be people out there making videos of trains chugging on tracks, and combines cutting fields, but they do - and they even have them accompanied with music! There was one particular video that Matt and Jacob used to like of a combine that played the song Black Betty, so now every time Jacob hears that song on the radio, he says, "That's the combine song!!!"

Sydney has taken a liking to all the things her big brother enjoys, so when she hears his favorite songs playing, she gets just as excited as her brother and breaks out into dance.

Yesterday morning, Jacob said to me, "I have a hundred hearts in my body!" I took that to mean that he's all full of love, because this boy exudes love. He loves everyone, and draws hearts, sunshine and rainbows, and people in his family - I'm sure psychologists would take that as a good sign that he's a happy boy. I'm so thankful he's not drawing skulls and crossbones!

No comments: