My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Saturday, March 7, 2009

3/7/09- Waffles

Matt and Jacob had a tradition that they would make waffles together every Sunday morning. That was a tradition only shared by the two of them - I've never made a waffle in my life. Until this morning.

Jacob really wanted to make some waffles this morning, and I felt like I could handle it - I've been putting him off with it because it was too painful for me. Fortunately, I've got this defense mechanism that kicked in last night to sort of "turn my feelings off" temporarily. Thank God. I needed a break. I can even breathe a little easier for the time being. I think God knows I need to build up the strength for tonight's wake.

So, the waffles actually turned out half-way decent! I think enough time had passed between Jacob and Daddy making them, that Jacob wasn't able to correct me on all the things I did different than Daddy did.

I had planned to make a few phone calls this weekend to catch up with my friend Jenny to find out the details of Emilio's surgery, and my cousin Dana who was in a car accident (she's fine - just a bit banged up, but her car is totalled), my dad who I haven't talked to in a while, and my mother-in-law to tell her about my most recent conversation with our attorney. Thing is, I can't talk. I've got laryngitis, and can barely squeak out a noise. My kids are enjoying this a little too much I think...

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm so proud of you for making those waffles. I know it sounds silly, but I really think it's a big step. Hugs, love. You're stronger than you realize. <3

AndreaRenee said...

LOL- you're so sweet, Kelly! xoxo