My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Underdog

Aunt Michelle took Jacob out for some special time, and one of the things they did was rent a movie at Blockbuster. Jacob picked it out. Underdog is a cute movie, and the boy character in it lost his mom and is being raised alone by his dad.

Jacob stole one of the lines from that boy and used it on me during dinner tonight:

"I just want to be a regular boy with a mom AND a dad."

My sister Michelle is moving in with us in a couple of weeks, and between her and the kittens we're going to be getting, hopefully Jacob will be a bit more distracted and not feel such a void in his life. Maybe I will, too...

2 comments:

Michelle said...

((hugs)) I was praying for you again today around 4:30, knowing that your day was winding down. One thing I prayed for was that you wouldn't feel so lonely. It sounds like a good idea to add your sister & some cats to your home. I wish I could be there too! Love ya!

eastmoormom said...

i'm so excited for you!! that will be fun....and a great comfort to you. your sister must be a very special person..and i can just imagine how proud your parents must be of the two of you!!! Mr. K also asked again for a new daddy,,,even asked for one of his buddies dad to come live with us...it never lets up does it? i just find myself breathing through it until my son says something else. Happy Ash Wed. to you ....i hope that this season of Lent brings you some sense of getting on...