My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Monday, February 16, 2009

Something to look forward to...

I've never been a cat person, but I'm thinking a dog is a little more maintenance than what I want right now; however, a furry addition to our family might be what the doctor ordered... I never in a million years thought I'd ever consider getting a cat, but here I am! Jacob would be over the moon, and I know Sydney would love it, too.

I'm probably nuts for considering taking on an extra responsiblity right now, but I think having something like this to look forward to, and the cute, furry distraction will be good for all of us.

I'm thinking I'll get a male because Jacob keeps making reference to "now there's only one boy left" in the house. Don't want him to be outnumbered, and maybe he'll stop asking for another daddy for a while... (Not that a cat could ever replace you, My Love!)

I was told by my SPCA director cousin that I might want to consider getting two, since they could provide each other companionship while I'm away at work all day... I'll have to think hard about that one.

Oh - and I wasn't nearly as sore today as I thought I'd be after my run yesterday - there just might be some hope for me after all!

One more quick note - the LEEP has been scheduled for this Friday morning... glad to be able to get it over with sooner rather than later. My sister was planning to come out this weekend, anyway, and may be able to come out sooner to go with me. I think that's it for now!

5 comments:

Cammie said...

that is a great idea Andrea! Something to make the kids (and you)smile. Cats are pretty low maintenance and great idea in maybe getting 2 so they can play.

eastmoormom said...

i agree...good idea...not sure about the two thing...but she sounds like the expert...

rn't you glad it is monday!!!

AndreaRenee said...

Dude, it's Tuesday... LOL! xoxo

Megan said...

I think a cat (or two) is a great idea. They are so loving and will provide your family with joy.

Caitlin said...

I just happened upon your site today. I am so sorry for your loss! I cannot even imagine! Know that you and your children are in my prayers.

I wanted to comment on the cat idea. As a "cat person" I definitely agree that it would be best to get two cats. They are very low maintenance animals and when you have two they are even more low maintenance. I always had two at a time while growning up and they were always best friends.

Just thought you might like the imput from a cat person. Hope you and the kids enjoy! And post pictures when you get them!