My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Sibling Love

I gave Jacob and Sydney their baths last night, and had them both wrapped up in towels on the bathroom floor. I was blowing rasberries on Sydney's neck and had her in stitches, so Jacob wanted to try since he LOVES making his little sister laugh. And laugh she did... Jacob's making tooting noises and slobbering all over her neck, but they were both feeding off each other and laughing hysterically! As Sydney's mouth is wide open, Jacob notices, "Mommy! Sydney's growing more teeth!"

He finds such joy in watching his little sister grow and learn new things. He gets excited when she says a new word, or does something new. Recently he said to me, "Mommy, Sydney is between a baby and a big girl."

Sydney, of course, absolutely adores her big brother. She actually listens to him better than she listens to me. If she starts playing with his beloved trains, he'll shout, "NO!" and she backs right off. If I was to do that, she'd look straight at me and go back for more, making sure I'm watching every move she makes. Little stinker.

She's been doing an awesome job sleeping in her big girl bed. I usually tuck her in before Jacob, and after we read a book and say prayers, she pretends she's sleeping by making snoring noises with her eyes closed. Then we say our goodnights and I tuck Jacob in with the same ritual. Occasionally, as I'm leaving Jacob's room, I notice Sydney at her door. I go over to her and say in a whisper, "You're supposed to be in your bed, girlie! Give me a kiss..." She gives me a kiss, and immediately goes right back in her bed and puts her head on her pillow. Such a good girl (when she's not ripping all the books, etc. off the shelves, climbing the walls, and screaming her fool head off for reasons unknown).

I'm closer to being ready to break out the camera once again and start taking pictures. I really need to do this for my kids' sake. Before, I always had the camera in my hand. I've had a hard time with that ever since the accident for some reason. If I analyze it myself, I'd have to say it's probably because I'm hesitant to record our life after Matt, like our life with him in it is somehow preserved by not taking new pictures.

Downloading the pics onto my computer will be another big hurtle for me to overcome, for the same reasons above. Matt has our screensaver set up to show all the pics on our hard drive, one by one. All the pictures on there are from before. I know once I download the pics from the camera to the computer, the "before" and "after" pictures will all be mixed up. (I know that sounds crazy, but I can't help it.)

I should at least start posting the pictures I do have in this blog so you all can see my beautiful children, and my handsome husband...

2 comments:

Cammie said...

Isnt watching the 2 of them grow up together amazing? I love these moments between Pierce and Mallory too.

Andrea, I would LOVE it if you would share new pics with us....either here or on the board.

Megan said...

They are so sweet! I'd love to see pictures, whenever you're ready to share. =)