My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Friday, February 27, 2009

My submission for the Book for Matt and Maddy

Karyn McQueen sent a message to the members of The Liz Logelin Foundation ~ For the Love of Liz.

Hey LLF FB Members!! Madeline's first birthday and the anniversary of Liz's passing are quickly approaching, which means a lot of us have been reading Matt's blog for almost a year now. A few of us have been discussing what Matt, Liz and Madeline's story has meant to us... Everyone has such great stories, we've decided to collect everyone's written thoughts and compile them into a book for Matt and Madeline. There has been so much good that has come out of this tragedy, we want Matt to know what it has meant to YOU! We hope you’ll participate!
No sentiment is too small to be shared. So please type up your thoughts and email them to us at http://us.mc1122.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=bookformattandmaddy@gmail.com by Feb 28th. Please note that your submission will not be shared with anyone or posted anywhere; this is just for the book.You may type in whatever color you like, but submissions need to be in one of the following fonts: Arial; Book Antigua; Bookman; Century Old Style; Courier; Garamond; Palatino; Tahoma; Times New Roman; or Verdana. Submissions not in one of these fonts, will be changed to one of these fonts.Thank you all so much!

Karyn


Dear Matt,

I first started reading your blog around October of 2008 (about the time I started my own blog). My heart hurt for you and Maddy, and I couldn't imagine the devistation you felt. Until a month later when my husband died unexpectedly. You never in a million years think things like this can happen to you, until they do.

I believe I came across your blog when I did for a reason. Reading about your daily struggles and triumphs have given me hope that I can survive this and still be a good mom to my 4 year old son and 18 month old daughter.

Before Matt died, I always had the camera in my hand, and what a blessing that was - we have so many wonderful pictures with him and the kids, and captured so many wonderful moments - even the simple every day moments. I've had a hard time picking up the camera ever since - I think because I'm hesitant to record our life after Matt, like our life with him in it is somehow preserved by not taking new pictures. Seeing all the wonderful pictures on your blog is inspiring me to pick the camera up once again... I know I have to do it for my kids. I actually took a couple of pictures last week - a big step for me, and I think you had something to do with that.

I know you've got a bit more experience under your belt with this stuff than I do, but one of the things I've learned so far is that the anticipation of a certain date, activity, etc. is much worse than the actual thing. I'm praying for you as the one year mark nears.

Although Maddy is unlucky in the way that she lost her mom, she is very blessed that she has you for her dad. I know you will keep Liz's memory alive so much for her that she might even think she remembers certain things as part of her own experience. That's the best gift we can give to our children.

God bless you both, and Happy Birthday, Madeline!

2 comments:

Cammie said...

this is so beautiful Andrea. Truly.

--ps....change the date at the top of the letter.....2008, not 1998! lol

AndreaRenee said...

Thank you so much for pointing that out, Cammie! I changed it and re-submitted it... =)