My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Another stage...

Jacob is really missing his daddy now. Up until now, he hadn't mentioned missing him, but just looking for daily confirmation that it's true that he really is dead. Now, he verbalizes that he misses his daddy, and other things like, "Do you know that I wish that my daddy was still alive?"
He told me a story this morning about how him and his Aunt Jennifer got stuck in her driveway. I asked him when that happened, and he said, "When my daddy was still alive." So apparently now the timeline of his life is based on whether his daddy was alive or dead at the time something happened. As if my heart wasn't already shattered into a million tiny fragments.

4 comments:

Cammie said...

ohhhhhh.
hugs......

Sarah said...

Oh man. (((big hugs)))

The Hollis Family said...

(((HUGS))) Andrea... many prayers for you all

jeana said...

Oh little man - I'm so sorry