My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Friday, February 20, 2009

Great News!!!!

My co-worker who was going to have the tumor in her lung biopsied sent out this email:

Dear Friends,
This a.m., I was scheduled for the biopsy. After all preparations, I was told it would not happen as: (1) the mass was in such a place behind a rib, it would be too risky to try a biopsy because it could puncture the lung; and (2) THE GREAT NEWS - the mass was half the size that it was two weeks ago, indicating infection and not a tumor. All of this was determined by another CAT Scan this a.m. Ordinarily, they would have continued with the biopsy to see what type of infection to know what kind of antibiobics to use, but because of where it was, they couldn't go through with it. I had already been sedated, so I thought for a minute that I was dreaming. I will see the oncologist next week, and looks like I will just have to have another scan in the next couple of months. Thank you so much for all your prayers, cards, hugs and support duirng these past couple of weeks. I appreciate it so much. You are the best! Bonnie

1 comment:

Megan said...

Oh what wonderful news!!! Yay! =D